What does the cardiologist do?
The cardiologist is a specialist dealing with diseases of the cardiovascular system. In Poland, the main cause of death are heart problems. Knowing the cause, we can counteract this, by regular visits to the experienced professionals at the Nova Clinic.
When should you go to the cardiologist?
Patient should make an appointment when he/she has any of the following risk factors:
- Blood pressure > 140/90 mmHg
- Suffering from endocrine diseases (eg. Hyperthyroidism, Cushing's syndrome)
- BMI >25
- Diminished physical fitness
- Chest pain during exercise or under stress
- Swelling around ankles
- Smoking cigarettes
- Lipid results (Cholesterol, HDL) are abnormal
- In the family there were deaths from cardio - vascular - heart attack
- Genetic disorder occurs (eg. Down syndrome)
Diagnosis and treatment
Thanks to the dynamic development of cardiology in recent years, we can more quickly detect potential individuals at risk and implement prevention as well as diagnose and treat both pharmacologically and surgically. In the Nova Clinic, we employ experts who cooperate with major cardiac centers in the country, so that Our Patients are treated according to the latest standards.
During the diagnosis, cardiologists use the test results from:
- Biochemical tests (cholesterol, thyroid hormones)
- Cardiac ultrasound
Therefore, scheduling an appointment, please bring your medical records from previous hospital stays and performed medical tests.
Our Clinic stands for
- Professional service
- Comprehensive Health Screening
What kind of diseases does the cardiologist treat?
- Heart failure
- Post myocardial infarction treatment
- Cardiac arrhythmias (eg. atrial fibrillation)
- Congenital heart defects
Make an appointment with a specialist: