What does the urologist do?
Urologist deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the genitourinary tract.
Urological diseases occur in both sexes, so patients should consider systematic urological examinations especially after turning 45.
Many diseases are asymptomatic, mainly in the beginning, and the first symptoms are often ignored by patients or overlooked.
That is why, prevention and regular check-ups, as well as a good doctor-patient relationship are so important.
Who and when should visit the urologist?
- Ultrasound of the urinary tract
- Transrectal ultrasound
- Urodynamic testing
What are the signs and symptoms of urological diseases?
- Frequent urination - frequent urination during the day
- Urinary incontinence - the inability to refrain from voiding
- Hematuria - blood in the urine
- Itching, pain during urination, redness surrounding sex organs – could be the evidence of infection of the urinary tract
- Nycturia - the need to waking up at night to urinate
- Urine stream deterioration - may be caused by prostatic hyperplasia
- Fertility problems
- Flank pain radiating to the groin - may occur with urolithiasis
- Pelvic pains
- Painful sexual intercourse - may be caused by phimosis, too short frenulum of prepuce of penis
- Problems with potency: the inability to achieve an erection or to maintain it
Benefits of the same-day Urology vs traditional procedure
- shorter waiting times for surgery
- less risk of infection
- surgical stress reduction
- shorter duration of treatment
- absence of big, unaesthetic scars
- faster recuperation - a possibility of rapid return to full fitness, work
What kind of urological procedures do we perform?
In Nova Clinic we perform minimally invasive urological procedures and operations, which are characterized by short duration and rapid return to daily activities (patients are admitted and discharged within 24 hours). Through using the latest endoscopic technology, invasiveness of the procedures has been greatly reduced.
What types of procedures are performed within the same-day surgery in the Nova Clinic?
- Laparoscopic treatment of varicocele
- Prostate biopsy (TRU-CUT)
- Treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) - TUR-P, PVP technology (green light laser)
- Transurethral resection of a bladder tumor-TUR-BT
- Treatment of urinary incontinence in women-TOT, TVT
- Intravesical BCG in the treatment of bladder cancer
- Intravesical therapy in the treatment of interstitial cystitis
- Urethral calibration
- Lengthening of the penile frenulum
- Vasectomy - male contraception
- Treatment of urolithiasis (URSL, RIRS, ESWL)
- Installation and removal of the ureteric catheter (DJ/Pig Tail) stent
NFZ (National Health Fund) refundWe have a contract with the National Health Fund in the field of hospital care thus we provide a perfect blend of the highest quality offered by a private hospital with free health care provided by the National Health Fund. Information about the exact range of reimbursable treatments can be obtained at the following phone numbers:
- +48 77 70 70 100
- +48 666 238 838
Make an appointment with a specialist: